This will be definitely a common question a lot of the organisation were asking, how to choose a reliable payroll services provider. It depends solely on your organisation’s direction. Let’s take an example if you are a MNC’s highly likely you will go with a regional provider whom can cover most of your existing offices around different parts of the regions.
Having said that if you are just a local company particularly Malaysian company chances are you may go with local payroll provider.
Advantages of engaging with local payroll provider:
- Strong local knowledge on payroll processes as well as statutory legislative, rules and regulations
- These are the provider whom can serve you quicker when you needed them the most
- Local provider understandsyou well in particularly the culture and industry as well as no language barrier
- Service fee wise generally are much more competitive and flexible
- Most of the local provider now has much better technology catering to the clients’ requirement
- Well security compliances in place
For the MNC’s vision to consolidate their different regions payroll into one single payroll provider they can consider some of the suggestions below:
- How many countries that the global payroll provider can cover?
- Are they using local country partner to deliver the payroll service? It adds more strength if the payroll provider physically having their own delivery offices so that the service delivery is much more consistent
- Do the payroll provider has dedicated Client Success Manager to take care of your accounts preferably single point of contact.
- Fee wise it is much cheaper to select a single payroll provider
- In return you get consolidated reporting, one stop self service portal usage for all employees from all over the offices minimizing the hassle of using different platform
- Client referencing on the payroll provider services is an important exercise to avoid selecting wrong provider.